Firestone New Product: UltraBlend Roofing System
Heartland Architectural Products is pleased with Firestone Building Products' anouncement of their UltraBlend roofing system which combines the best of TPO and EPDM. In addition to the features listed below, using black EPDM on a parapet reduces any reflected heat that may be reflected from the parapet back on to the roof surface. I am aware that some Architects and Engineers believe that the heat reflected from the parapet increases the heat on the field of the roof. Problem solved with UltraBlend and using black EPDM on the parapet walls!
Firestone Building Products introduces a new roofing system which “blends” the best features and benefits of its UltraPlyTM TPO and RubberGardTM EPDM product lines. Firestone’s UltraBlend roofing system combines UltraPly TPO as the basis for the horizontal roof surface and either RubberGard or EcoWhite EPDM for vertical surfaces such as parapet walls, yielding a roofing system that is greater than the sum of its parts. The full line of EcoWhite QuickSeamTM accessories including flashings, pipe boots, penetration pockets, and patches make installation of details a snap.
Features of the UltraBlend system are numerous and include:
- Fast installation of the UltraPly TPO membrane with heat welded seams
- Use of either black, non-reflective EPDM or white, highly reflective EPDM on parapets
- Option to use various combinations of accessories and flashings from both product lines
- Excellent cold weather flexibility and adhesion where you need it most – walls and details
The building owner and the contractor will appreciate the many benefits this new system offers; including:
- Low installation costs associated with mechanically attached UltraPly TPO membrane
- Reduced labor costs through the use of QuickSeam accessories
- Firestone’s Red Shield Warranties – the industry’s gold standard
- Professionally installed by the very best technicians – Licensed Firestone Master Contractors
UltraBlend systems are eligible for up to a 20-year Red Shield® Warranty. To learn more about the UltraBlend roofing system, please contact Kevin or David at Heartland Architectural Products, LLC.
Posted on Fri, December 17, 2010
by Kevin Decker filed under