Firestone New Product: SunWave™ SMRT Daylighting Systems
Firestone Building Products continues their commitment to innovation in roofing system technology with the addition of the SunWave™ SMRT Daylighting System. Using the latest in GPS technology and mirrors, SunWave SMRT actively tracks the sun’s movement to bring high levels of diffused natural light into buildings and reduce operating costs. This LEED certified product is eligible for energy saving tax credits on federal, state and local levels. Natural light also provides a more productive work environment.
The SunWave SMRT Skylight System is presently available as 4’ x 4’ or 4’ x 8’ units with triple mirror or single mirror configurations.
SunWave SMRT Skylight System Benefits
- Provides the light of an 800 watt metal halide bulb for up to 10.5 hours a day
- Diffuses light eliminating shadows and blocks harmful ultraviolet rays
- Lifecycle tested for up to 30 years under extreme conditions including: Withstanding winds up to 105 MPH; Fall protection of impacts of up to 1200 lbs from six feet; Securely sealed to endure four inches of rain per hour with up to 70 MPH winds.
- Supplies quiet light with absence of heat
- Comes with Ten Year Firestone Warranty
- Less absenteeism in work place
- Improved student performance
- Increased sales in retail environments
- Less energy cost when electric lights are shut off during daytime hours up to 10.5 hours a day. A well designed day lit building is estimated to reduce lighting energy use from 50% to as much as 80%.
- Save on air‐conditioning costs to offset heat created by electric light fixtures since there is reduced usage.
- Save on repair costs associated with the maintenance of electric light systems.
- Reduce energy use during peak hours.
- As a solar powered Green Energy product, you may be eligible to receive Federal, State and local tax credits, and utility company incentives.
- SunWave SMRT Skylight may be included with the roofing system in the 5, 10, 15, and 20-year Firestone Red Shield™ warranty.
If you would like to incorporate the SunWave™SMRT Daylighting System into your Firestone roofing project, contact Heartland to request a job quote and/or a SkyCalc assessment. (SkyCalc is a tool to help building designers determine the optimum daylighting strategy that will achieve maximum daylighting and HVAC energy savings for a building)
Posted on Fri, June 1, 2012
by CSR filed under