Firestone's Green Roofing Options
Firestone’s comprehensive line of roofing membrane systems, polyiso insulation and accessories represent high quality and a deep commitment to the environment. Firestone is proud to be the only single-ply roofing manufacturer that does not sell PVC roofing membranes, long known to contain compounds that are detrimental to human health and the environment.
Sustainability, conservation, recyclability and reflectivity are essential features of Firestone products and processes. Many of our products contain recycled content, can be recycled and can help buildings meet green building standards including the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED rating system, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR programand the California Energy Commission’s Title 24.
Among Firestone’s environmentally sound roofing choices are:
- 90-mil EcoWhite Platinum EPDM, a premium alternative to PVC that brings together the eco-friendly attributes of a white membrane with the proven performance of traditional EPDM in uninterrupted 90-mil thickness.
- Another highly reflective alternative to PVC, Firestone UltraPly TPO couples enhanced energy efficiency with excellent durability and strength to provide exceptional long-term roof performance.
- Modified bitumen cap sheets made with UltraWhite roofing granules provide a granule-surfaced, cool roofing solution that enhances light reflectivity and heat emissivity, reducing the cooling requirements for a building and thereby greatly reducing energy consumption.
- Long-lasting, dependable and durable, Firestone UNA-CLAD metal roofing systems are reflective roofing solutions that contain recycled content and are completely recyclable.
- Featuring the highest R-value per inch of any commercial roofing insulation product, Firestone’s full line of high performance ISO 95+ GL polyiso insulation and cover board products are durable, versatile, cost effective and energy efficient to help move buildings to a more sustainable future.
At Firestone, we don’t just make environmentally responsible products; we also use them whenever possible. Three of our facilities have been recognized with LEED certification for energy efficiency. By putting our commitment into action, we are taking positive steps toward minimizing our environmental impact and helping to create a more sustainable tomorrow.
If you are planning to incorporate energy saving solutions in your next roofing project, we hope you’ll consider Firestone’s full line of sustainable commercial roofing systems and accessories.
Posted on Wed, January 19, 2011
by CSR filed under