Firestone New Product: BASEGARD SA Base Sheet
Firestone is pleased to introduce BASEGARD™ SA, 70-mil self-adhered base sheet, complimenting Firestone’s full line of SBS and APP modified bitumen roofing systems. BASEGARD SA is a rubber modified self-adhesive asphalt blend, reinforced with a glass fiber mat. The top layer consists of a fine-sanded surface, while the bottom surface has an opaque split-film for easy installation.
BASEGARD SA will replace the current MB Base SA product, providing new and exciting features and benefits:
- Sanded surface allows for torch or hot-mop applied modified bitumen cap sheets
- Can be used as an effective vapor retarder when installed over an approved substrate
- Is compatible with all Firestone SBS and APP products
- Can be installed over numerous substrates such as ISOGARD™ HD cover board or RESISTA™ insulation
- Works great for new construction, recovers, or re-roof applications – acceptable for adhesion to existing non-coated granule surfaced modified bitumen
- 70-mil thickness provides durable base sheet for multi-ply systems
- Acceptable for up to a 25-year Red Shield® Warranty
- Approved by FM Global (FM) and Underwriters Laboratory (UL) – maintains existing codes of the previous MB Base SA product
- Split-film release liner allows for easy removal and quicker installation
- Qualifies for a $500 flat fee Red Shield Warranty when used in conjunction with a granulated modified bitumen cap sheet
BASEGARD SA continues to demonstrate Firestone’s commitment to provide durable, high performance modified bitumen roofing systems, proving again that “NOBODY COVERS YOU BETTER”. For additional information please contact your local sales representative.
Posted on Tue, January 3, 2012
by CSR filed under