Firestone New Products: SkyPaver Composite Paver & SkyDrain Drainage Sheet
Firestone Building Products is excited to step beyond the SkyScape Vegetative Roof Systems to include patios and walkways on the roof. SkyPaver Composite Roof Pavers are eco-friendly and engineered to last as long as the roof. They come in 5 aesthetically-pleasing colors that can be arranged to form various patterns.
Besides being attractive, the SkyPaver Composite Paver system adds substantial value for the building owner! These pavers are made from 95% post-consumer recycled materials, mainly recycled tires along with recycled plastics. They are manufactured in the U.S. using 82% less energy and with 89% fewer carbon emissions than traditional concrete production.
Light-weight, easy to design and install! – SkyPavers are available in two sizes: 4” x 8” x 1.7’’ and 4” x 8” x 2.4” (finished heights). Eight pavers are interlocked in 16” x 16” grids that also are made of 95% recycled material.
- Made from recycled tires and plastic – eco-friendly
- Protects the roof membrane from service traffic
- Light weight and easy to handle compared to concrete pavers
- Lower installation costs: faster placement and fewer crane hauls
- More durability and greater design flexibility than rubber pavers
- Can be cut with a standard mitre saw or jig saw
- UV-treated – fade resistant, brilliant colors
- Resists stains better than traditional pavers
- Impact resistant – will flex rather than break
- Expands and contracts with temperature change, ensuring sustainability season after season
- Weathering may cause slight tint variation, but does not affect durability
SkyDrain Drainage Sheet
Being proactive, Firestone Building Products specifies the SkyDrain Drainage Sheet to be installed prior to the SkyPaver Composite Roof Pavers. Why? We want to prevent water from ponding and to better manage storm water run-off, an important environmental issue in growing communities. The drainage sheet has prefabricated drains constructed using a formed polystyrene core with a woven monofilament fabric bonded to one side. The core provides an uninterrupted path for water to flow to designated drainage exits.
- Uses recycled components
- Provides storm water management
- Reduces noise pollution
- Lowers thermal loads on building
- Easy to install -- unroll and cut to fit
The unique system that combines the SkyPaver Composite Roof Pavers and SkyDrain Drainage Sheets naturally complements our SkyScape Vegetative Roof System. Our “sky line” of new products offer aesthetic features as well as practical innovation for the building envelope.
Posted on Wed, December 29, 2010
by CSR filed under